ADRIAN, CAISA, BECKLEY, CREW & McKAY BROWN

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

THE story.

OK, because i have had a lot of requests... here goes... "THE STORY"

just a fair warning to begin with though:  this is LONG and BOYS ARE GROSS... and i'm going to share all the gross details (because i had to clean them up people so you can at least read about them!)

this picture was taken about 15 minutes before the story began.
you know, it was just a typical day at the Brown home.



So... let's start with last Wednesday.  It was about 4 or 5PM... you know, the time when all the kids (and usually the moms too) turn into monsters.  I was trying to get some dishes done (while the kids were still awake... always risky) when I heard a cough/choke coming from the entryway.  The twins love to each look out one of the windows on either side of our front door and say "dada dada", which is what they had been doing.  I quickly stopped doing the dishes to go check out that cough/choke sound.  well... what I found was that Crew had thrown up and McKay was eating it.  BLEH!!!!!  After cleaning up the mess, I texted my mom to share this grossness with someone.  She texted back "well, at least it wasn't poop."

So... then came Thursday.  Again, it was about 4PM... monsters were out.  I decided the babes needed a little snack (to keep them quiet for a few minutes at least).  I put them in their little high chairs that attach to our counter top with some snacks.  I then remembered that Beck had spilled Cheerios ALL OVER my pantry floor earlier that day, so while the babes were contained I quickly grabbed my mini Dyson (you NEED one of these!!!) and started sucking up the Cheerios... this took like 30 seconds... but, in the midst of my Dyson sucking up those Cheerios, I heard a crash.  I turned around to find that in those 30 seconds, McKay had somehow climbed out of his chair (that he was buckled into!!!) and was sitting on my countertop with glass and candy everywhere!  McKay is an M&M addict and he had attacked my pretty glass candy dish (SO SAD that it is broken -ugh!) that was sitting on the counter full of M&Ms (I know... glass candy dish... maybe not the smartest thing... but, come on, a girl should be able to have a cute candy dish with some M&Ms, for the love!!!).  His poor little hand was cut... so, there was actually blood, glass and candy all over the floor and countertop.  AHHH!

I grabbed McKay and cleaned up his hand and then started cleaning up the mess while holding him... at the same time I was trying to keep Beck and Crew (who had started trying to imitate his brothers escape, so i took him out of his seat and onto the messy floor) away from the mess, especially the glass.  They started making a "pit" with all the couch cushions and I was like "perfect" stay over there (we have a great room or a big open space that is our kitchen and family room, so i could still see them).  

As I am cleaning the mess and comforting McKay, I suddenly smell something.  We are in the midst of potty training Beck, so I am ultra sensitive to the poopy smell. "Who has poops?" I say as I start to walk over to where Beck and Crew are playing.  Right as I see "it", Beck says "Mom, Crew is eating my poop!" UGH!!!!!!!!  Are you kidding me? (unfortunately, I'm not!) There is poop (diarrhea if you want all the details) all over my Restoration Hardware couch (I know, again.. what were we thinking!?!  what can I say... it's a super cute and comfy couch!  and, now "poopy" too...) and ALL OVER Crew's little hands.  BLEH!!!!!!!  I'm thinking... what do I even deal with first???  I put McKay down... hoping he doesn't get blood everywhere?!  I pick Crew up and run him to the kitchen sink while yelling at Beck to stay put.  Beck is scared at this point because Mean Mom has started to emerge... so he is crying and running after me... leaving a trail of poop (diarrhea!!!) behind him... and also, running right through the glass, candy & blood mess in the kitchen!  UGH!!!!!!  (still not kidding you) I yell at him again because he is barefoot and I don't want him to step on glass... which of course scares him even more... and now scares the babes too.  So, as I am frantically washing Crew's hands and mouth off in the kitchen sink, all the 3 boys are crying.  I set Crew down (but, remember there is glass, poop, blood and candy all over my floor) and pick Beck up (holding him arms distance away from me hoping to not be completely covered in poop... not sure how I actually thought I would escape that?).  Then, I immediately remember about the GROSSness that is all over the floor that my babes are now crawling all over (while crying).  So, I quickly run Beck to my bathroom (on the same floor) and set him down... remember, I have already turned into Mean Mom, so I am sure I asked/yelled him to "stay put".  Then, I run back into the kitchen and rescue my babes and bring them into the bathroom and shut the door.  

Next, I throw (only slightly exaggerating there) Beck into the shower to de-poop (diarrhea!!!) him.  I managed to clean everybody (except myself) up and get everyone a bit calmed down before we re-entered ground zero to begin phase 2 of the clean up.  

I began to try to clean up the blood, glass & poop while keeping the boys out of the mess... of course it became a game for them... they would all start going towards one of the messes and watch me freak out and grab them... and then we'd do that fun little game again and again and again.  At least they were laughing now?  But, unfortunately Mean Mom was NOT laughing.  I set up a temporary barrier around the poop mess on the couch, managed to clean up the glass, blood & candy.  

And then, at that point, instead of starting the poop disaster clean up, I called Adrian and told him to come home "IMMEDIATELY".  Then, I texted my mom and told her that today it WAS poop.  


The end.  (I hope....)



4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Whoa! That is Crazytown for sure. Sorry, but hey you survived, and it will become the "Poop story from Hell" that everyone will chuckle at one day. Also, I definitely become "Mean Mom" by 4:00 until bedtime, it just goes with being a SAHM. You're awesome, and those babes are blessed to have you as their Mommy.

Alecia said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That is the blessing of 3 under 3! Isn't potty training the best? We have had many poop/vomit/trailing messes that kids crawl all over in this house too. I should probably write them down now... now that I can laugh about it. Thanks for sharing! I got a good laugh this morning!

Sarah Foreman McKellar said...

Oh, Caissa. I'm laughing so hard at your story. I can envision myself in that situation and it is not one bit funny, but your description is hilarious. Sometimes, all you can do is laugh. Those "low points" as I call them in parenting really make for funny stories later. Potty training in general is definitely a low point.

Eric and Jessi said...

Amy just sent me a link to your Seasons post and I got browsing and found this story. I have 15 month twins, a4 yr old and a 6 yr old. At least you can laugh about this story! My twins latest trick, dipping toilet paper in the toilet bowl...then eating it! Glad to read I'm not the only one gong through this time with little ones.