ADRIAN, CAISA, BECKLEY, CREW & McKAY BROWN

Sunday, February 5, 2012

you know it's time to stop pumping/nursing when...

you have twins and an almost 2 year old!


you keep getting migraines and can't take your meds while doing so


it's been 4 months (that's respectable, right?)


you had to buy a deep freezer for your frozen milk


your  2ish year old is either obsessed with or angry about your pumping


you've mastered the skill of pumping while driving (even while driving through mcdonalds!)


you often have to ask someone else to push the button on the pump because you just can't bring yourself to do it.


you have twins and an almost 2 year old!!!


you don't leave home without your purse or your pump


you've been pregnant or nursing for over 3 years 


when your 2ish year old sees an older lady on oxygen at church, he points and says "yady pumping!"  (yady is beck speak for lady)




it's so bittersweet (didn't quite go as i'd imagined, that's for sure, and definitely wasn't the sweet and easy experience i had with beckley)... brings tears to my eyes but, it's time.  


i'm done.  


(tear, tear... sorry boys, your mom did her best)

7 comments:

Alecia said...

Yep. It's time! Have a party! BTW, my boys say "funny mommy" and stare at me when I pump--it's a little awkward. I really hope they don't remember this!

JerzyGrl said...

You are awesome. I can't believe you went for so long! I'm a formula-fed twin and I turned out just perfect :)

Melanie Keller said...

Good for You!!! I was over the moon when I put all of my pumping supplies away. You really deserve a night out!!

The Gustafson Family said...

And 4 months for twins is unbelievable..incredibly awesome!!!! You have given them soo much and now its time to give them a different part of you…all of you…a little less tired…and stressed!! You are awesome and did an awesome job!!!

STILL not pregnant said...

no shame! it's time! free yourself!

Tiffany said...

kudos for you for hanging in this long! That's amazing. Atleast you did it, so be proud of that, I know moms who don't even attempt to nurse even with one child and you pretty much have 3 little babies.

RC Cola said...

I hope it all goes well and isn't too painful (for you that is). I've been trying to wheen Crew for a few months now and he just won't let me (won't take the formula, gets constipated when eats food etc.).