A couple times lately,
I have taken just McKay with me
to run a quick errand
(him, because he is the hard one right now...
It's funny (or not so funny, really!)
how they tend to take turns bring the hard one...
Already working together, I guess)
and it is so weird.
weird for the both of us.
the first time, McKay kept saying
"Uh oh"
and looking over at his brother's empty carseat.
The last time, if I asked him where Crew was,
he got this super concerned look on his face
and started looking around and yelling what I assume was "Crew" in his mind.
these boys have not spent much time (at all) apart.
those first 4ish weeks of their life's when they were in the NICU
was probably the most distance they have had from each other
(although their cribs were near each other, they rarely ever had contact with one another).
Oh, they fight and bug each other on a daily basis...
but, I LOVE watching them interact, grow & discover together.
I also LOVE seeing their concern for one another...
McKay often comes to help me change Crew's diaper
(Crew always seems to have a diaper rash so it's a bit traumatic for him to get his diaper changed).
Last night I put McKay in bed first because he was being super fussy...
Crew was still happily playing...
But, the next thing I knew Crew had his binkie & blanket
and was standing at the gate at the bottom of our stairs
reaching & looking up to their room.
If I give one a bite of some good (new or not),
the other will watch to see if he likes it...
If the first spits it out, you better believe the other will too.
We LOVE our Crewby & Kayby !!!
(as Beck has started calling them)




1 comment:
That's adorable. Sylvia used to say "where's Finn?" all the time when he was at pre=school. Now she loves the one on one. Also, here's my diaper rash advice. Baking soda bath and coconut oil on the bum. Yup just get a jar, the warm skin will melt it.
Post a Comment