today...
it wasn't our best.
it wasn't my best.
the twins cried WAY too much.
beck didn't nap AGAIN.
and, well, I, just wasn't at my best.
this is what the twins do every time adrian leaves the house.
this picture was taken this morning as adrian drove away.
so cute.
but, today,
i so wished i was the one leaving for the day.
by 11AM...
i had already had it.
"I felt impotent and out of control.
Which I really, really hate.
I had to find sanctuary in a place where I could gather my thoughts and regain my strength... "
(Cher in the movie Clueless)
so, i packed the kids up
(still in their PJ's)
and went to the mall.
a diet coke, some pretzel bites & mrs fields...
made the day better.
tomorrow,
i'm hoping i can be more patient & kind & positive...
and, i think i need to watch Clueless.
("as if" i'll find time to...)
3 comments:
TyandKolbi has left a new comment on your post "not our best":
Hope you don't mind my dropping by the blog :) It makes me feel like I'm not the only one going a wee-bit crazy some days....
I saw you out running yesterday; I had just finished at the gym and was headed to McD's for a Diet Coke....at 8:20 a.m. I don't think it is ever too early for a dark brown, bubbly drink :)
Hope today is better -- but still includes plenty of caffeine!
We all have those days (at least, I hope you and I aren't the only ones. :)
We had one of those days yesterday too ... I think I was super ornery and sad because Romney lost .... and it filtered into my Wednesday ..... I should give the mall a shot sometime :). I resorted to baking some cookies. I hope you are doing well. We should get together sometime now that I live close to you. I'd say we should run together, but you'd probably be crawling while I'd be sprinting (I am so out of shape right now).
Post a Comment