ADRIAN, CAISA, BECKLEY, CREW & McKAY BROWN

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

the twins first year via FB posts


    • So, this is a LONG one & I doubt many/any of you will actually read it all... 
      but, I loved putting it together.
      After looking over my facebook posts during the twins first year, 
      I am feeling amazed, accomplished, grateful & blessed.
      Oh what a year!



      9/29  "Twins are here... But could use your prayers please :)"


      9/30  "Thanks for all the well wishes and thoughts! Both boys are in the NICU, but seem to be doing better &
       better. They were born on Thursday 9.29.11. Baby A was born at 8:55PM weighing 4lbs 5oz. 
      Baby B was born at 9:11PM weighing 3lbs 14 oz. We love our boys!! (and are working on their names...)"




      "Holding Baby A for the first time."

  • 10/2  "home without my baby boys... hopefully they'll be strong enough to come home soon."


    "the twins are doing better each day... breathing on their own, no antibiotics & both are now eating (via tubes). they'll still be in the NICU for awhile, but are doing great! thanks again for all your thoughts, well wishes & prayers. (names tomorrow, i hope!)"




    "Crew! - Baby B! breathing on his own today :-)"








    10/3  "Any advice on how to juggle NICU babies and a kid/toddler at home? Beck is having a rough time..."

    10/4  "well, we finally have the twins first names... McKay (baby A) and Crew (baby B). now we need to finalize the middle names... We love our little McKay & Crew!! Beckley is already saying "Mac" or "K" and "Crew" :-)"

    10/5  "of course Beckley is getting his first molars right now..."

    "no more IV's!"

    10/6  

    "my mom is going into surgery for her leg today... good thing she trusts her doctor!"










    10/8  

    "Holding both babies for first time"










    10/9    "every time we take Beck to see the twins, we show him each baby and then he always says "more?!" 2 is plenty, Beck!"

    10/12    "I love my 3 sweet little boys"

    "The twins are in open cribs... So, just working on their feedings now. Hopefully we will be able to bring them both home soon!"

    "both McKay and Crew are over 4 pounds now too! (4 lbs 3 oz and 4 lbs 2 oz)"

    10/15  "Both boys are now nursing and taking bottles... So, we should be able to bring them home soon!"

    10/17  "Looks like McKay and Crew will be home tomorrow!!!"

    10/18  "Twins are home!"


    "Reunited! (Crew on left and McKay on right)"








    10/23   "all 4 of my boys are napping at the same time :-)"

    10/25  "Slept all night! Thanks to my mom and sister"

    "just went on a run... and loved everything painful and slow minute of it!"

    10/28  "mooo."


    10/31

    "happy halloween! (Crew and McKay - 1 month old)"










    11/3  "On a date with Adriano"

    11/10  "‎11.10.11 - the twins due date."

    11/12  "on our own for a few days..."

    11/14  "This is tricky!"

    11/15  "Happy Anniversary Adrian! we've fit a lot into 3 years. LOVE you big!"

    11/17  "tired"

    11/21  "i am thankful for little boys!"

    11/23  "I am thankful for my parents"

    11/27  "my mom leaves tomorrow morning... so, i'll be on my own with these 3 little boys. yikes!"

    11/28  "We will miss you Mimi!!!


    "Dont be fooled... Beck kicked the baby in the head about 45 seconds after this picture was taken"









    11/30  "This is not our day... And it's not even 9 AM yet..."


    12/4  

    "happy holidays!"










    12/5  "adrian just told me that he is taking the last 2 weeks of december off. best news i've heard in a long time."

    "i just went to costco solo, mainly because i had a rough day with the boys and needed a break. i came back about an hour later and adrian had gotten all the boys fed and to bed and was making pork chops while listening to christmas music. thanks adrian! and, way to make me look bad! :-)"

    12/9  

    "Santa!!!"







    12/15  "I should start counting how many times each day someone says "you've got your hands full". Or I should at least come up with a good response..."

    12/29  "My babes are 3 months old today! Mckay is now 9lbs 6 oz (born at 4lbs 5oz) and Crew is 8lbs 11oz (born at 3lbs 15ox). Time has not flown by, but we are so happy to have these sweet boys in our family!"


    "McKay and Crew - 3 months."










    12/31  "Spending our new years evening driving in the minivan with the 3 kiddos... Babies sleeping... Beck watching toy story... Diet dp In my hand and a coke Keeping Adrian awake. Seems a fitting way to end our 2011!"

    "Last bottle feed and diaper change of 2011... Cheers to many more in 2012! We were truly blessed in 2011 and look forward to the adventures that 2012 will bring! Happy new year!"

    1/3  "on my own again..."

    1/6  "wishes i could take a day off."

    1/8  "Who needs sleep anyway?"

    "hoping and praying for more than 1 hour of sleep tonight and for babies to be happy and stop crying. where is that fast forward button? :-)"

    1/11  "Beckley just picked up one of the babies bottles full of milk and said "baby's coke!""

    1/16  "went on a run this afternoon without my kids and came back to all the boys sleeping and my laundry and dishes done - can't think of much better than that! i am so lucky to have such great help!"


    1/21  

    "Big boys! (Crew, Beckley & McKay)"







    1/22  "all 3 boys napping in their own cribs at the same time... ahh!"

    1/23  "Been in bed most of the day... and although my body SO needs sleep... In bed due to a migraine that won't go away. Poor little babies & big bro."

    "so grateful for visiting teachers and good friends.... and to finally be out of bed."

    1/26  "‎7 hours of straight sleep by both babies at the same time... good work boys."


    1/29  

    "These two are 4 months old today (McKay and Crew)"







    2/1  "This is tricky!"

    2/2  "painful night. bummer."

    "constantly amazed, and so very grateful, for how many people offer and actually come to help me & the boys. hopefully, i will be able to do the same for others in the future."

    2/3  ‎"I'm so glad when daddy comes home""

    2/7  "Needs sleep."

    "McKay laughs whenever he sees Beckley and Crew cries when he sees Beckley. Both totally appropriate reactions."

    2/9  "rollin', rollin', rollin'.... little Crew is rollin'!"


    2/14  

    "happy valentine's day!
    love- Crew, Beckley & McKay"






    2/15  "Today is the last day I can say that I have 3 kids under 2. Won't make it any less crazy though :)"

    2/20  "Why does everyone at my house turn into a monster (me included) at 4:00?"

    2/26  "i think i can... i think i can..."

    2/28  "Aloha!!!"

    2/29  "Just took a 4 hour nap! I've been waiting 6 months to do that :)"

    3/2  "Guess who slept ALL night long? Not the twins yet... But their momma did! Thanks to my mom & dad :)"

    3/3  "Guess who slept all night last night? Me and all 3 of my kids! We are talkIng 8 hours! Heaven."


    3/4  

    "First family pics with twins"







    3/18  "Sick babies and a tired momma.... Can we go back to Hawaii when my babes were sleeping all night and it wasn't snowing outside?"

    3/25  "Sometimes I still can't believe I have twins


    3/26  

    "helmet time for McKay!"









    3/29  "Both babies are CRYING after their 6 month shots at doctors office... Beck gets mad and starts crying and SCREAMING "stop crying babies, Beck is crying!". Good times."


    "‎6 months old! (crew is 12 lbs 9 oz... not on the charts yet. mckay is 13 lbs 1 oz... and, in the first percentile!)"






    3/30  "Please sleep cry baby Crew!"


    4/1  

    "Twins blessing day"







    4/2  "My life is exhausting."

    4/6  "just tried the mcdonalds play area for the first time. it was not successful. not my best idea. at one point i had to ask to strangers to watch the twins so that i could climb to the top of the play to rescue a crying beck. i did manage to walk out holding two car seats, a happy meal, two drinks, a diaper bag, my purse and holding beck's hand. i'm pretty proud of that part. never again."


    4/7  

    "Happy Easter!









    4/9  "sleep training starts now - wish me luck!"

    4/12  "made it to the gym with all 3 kids today... yeah me."

    4/17  "sometimes i feel like all i do is try to get babes/kids to sleep all day long. (i guess trying to manage 7 naps each day will do that)"

    4/19  "The amount of crying that happens every time I load everyone up to leave the house is amazing."

    4/22  "not our best day."

    4/23  "I try to not let the crying get to me... But, is that really possible

    4/26  "Got in a good run and showered and ready for the day all by 8am... That hasn't happened in a while... Feels so good!"

    4/30  "if you want a good workout... try running with a triple stroller up hills on a windy day."


    5/5  

    "A Beckley sandwich!"









    5/7  

    "Every party has a pooper..."









    5/8  "to the lady at target that said "hang in their mom", thanks! that is a much better comment than the typical "you've got your hands full" or something like "i can't believe you are out"."


    5/12  

    "‎story time with my boys"









    5/18  "Way too many tantrums and way too much crying today... Can I blame it on the rain?

    5/21 (@9AM)  "i've already changed 7 poopy diapers today."

    5/27  "Beck and I are going on an adventure!!! Just the two of us. We are off to California in a couple weeks and I can't wait! Thanks Adriano for making it happen!"


    5/29  

    "these little guys are 8 months old today!"






    6/1  "i'm thinking it's going to be long night...."

    6/5  "I've been waiting at the doctors with all 3 kids for 45 minutes. Ouch."

    6/6  "Wow... This is hard and I'm tired. So excited for a little vacation tomorrow with my beckley boy."

    6/12  "nachos & chocolate chip cookies... it just seemed like the right thing to do today."

    6/13  "Beck just referred to the babes as McCrew."

    6/16  "i only had the twins at bedtime tonight... ahhh... one toddler makes a big difference."


    "HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!! We love you! -Caisa, Beck, Crew & McKay"









    6/17  "Beck keeps throwing balls at the twins... when Adrian tells him not to, he says "they're my team""

    "Nap time is sacred."

    6/18  "‎3 hours of sleep a night is not enough... Please sleep boys."


    6/24  

    "Holding hands while they take turns in the bath tub"









    6/29  "My babes are 9 months today!"

    "‎9 months! Crew is 14 lbs 11 oz (still not quite on the charts) and McKay is 15 lbs 10 oz (3rd percentile!) My babes are getting big."








    6/30  "I get a lot of comments from complete strangers when I'm out with my boys but the one I hate most is when other twin moms feel the need to tell me that it only gets harder. I sorta want to punch those ladies in the face :) Just lie to me, would ya? Or, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Thanks."


    7/4  

    "Red (Crew), white (Beck) & Blue (McKay). Happy 4th!!!"









    7/9  "The fun and sweet times with my 3 boys are finally outweighing the crying, work and tired times (it only took 9 months :) )... And, I feel so lucky and blessed."

    7/13  "I think my kids know it's Friday the 13th


    "McKay & Crew (9ish months)"







    7/15  

    "McKay is officially done with his helmet :)"









    7/18  "All 3 of my boys are awake, sick and crying and it's midnight... It's going to be a long & painful night."

    7/20  "I miss when I used to be excited for Friday because it meant I got the next 2 days off"


    7/22  

    "Love these cute brothers"









    7/26  "I think instead of throwing the twins a First Birthday Party, i should throw myself a "I Survived!" Party! (they will be 10 months this weekend... almost there)"

    7/30  "I think my kids probably think we are famous given the amounts of comments and stares we get when we are out"

    8/29  "Crew & McKay are 11 months old today! (and it totally seems like it has been that long :-) )


    "McKay & Crew are 11 months today! (we celebrated with their first piece of licorice)"








    9/15  

    "HAPPY BIRTHDAY CREW & McKAY!!!!"










    "The best cake picture ever! (although I may be a bit biased)"









    9/26  

    "Love these 3 (& their daddy) mucho mucho."




1 comment:

Heather said...

What a great post. Thanks for sharing. You are kind of like super-woman.